Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I feel that the man in the video has put some serious thought into what he was speaking about. Some of the points he made were so very true I didn’t quite know how to feel. He is absolutely correct, if we want to live in a world where everyone gets along we need to think about how our actions portray themselves to other people. Our actions and the words we say speak a lot to the people listening or observing. People we just met don’t know what type of person we are so our impressions are important to another people’s mindfulness. I feel that people who cling to Christianity, so strongly that they are readily able to judge people for not being Christian, are not seeing the other persons life from a very good perspective. I have always been able to hop out of my shoes and into another person’s. When I was young I was always questioning everything. I cannot quite remember exactly what it was about, but my dad once told me “the easiest way to understand what someone else is trying to say is by listening to them not just hearing them speak”. Since that day I have been able to find an easier way of understanding people. I have had so many people quickly judge me for saying “I’m not necessarily a Christian” that it helps me think of everything else in a different more open-minded type of way. If people would go out on a limb by themselves and not use what they have been taught their whole lives, they would find the answers they are looking for. I’m saying that from a religious, political, personal, and spiritual perspective. Overall, in my mind, I have been good at asking the questions I think are necessary to ask, but I do need to work on my methods of feeling empathy.

1 comment:

  1. So where do you fit in society. It is a great skill to see things from other perspectives.

    ReplyDelete